Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Big Move

Here are a few pictures of our move across the country. The move isn't over....even though our bodies are here, part of each of our hearts remains in the Pacific Northwest, and we are trusting God to heal them in time.

This is a big storm outside of Dallas, Texas. We eventually had to stop at a rest stop for about 30 minutes until it passed.

This is Derek at a rest stop on the Oklahoma border.


This is what we termed not-so-affectionately the "Big Yellow Banana" which Scott says is trucker talk. There is actually a story behind the banana part. Maybe I'll post it sometime.


Here we are at the Florida border. We live about 10 minutes from the Alabama/Florida line.



5 comments:

Jill said...

Ginger, YOU GOT A HAIR CUT!!! When did that happen?

It looks so cute!

Ginger said...

I had been wanting to get my hair cut in Kennewick but didn't ever know what I wanted and didn't have the time. So, the day before we left, I went to "Chop Chop" (as we affectionately call her) and showed her a picture. No, it doesn't look like the picture, but at least it is a bit shorter. I thought my hair would not do well in this humidity....and I was right!

Ginger said...

It's not my favorite, but you know how that goes!!

Leslie said...

Ginger, You guys look great. Can't wait to hear the banana story. We're praying for you guys to settle in and meet some special people to make FL feel like home.

kim said...

Look like a grand adventure. I might know a couple things about grand adventures...and moving. I'm certain you are missed in the Tri Cities, but I'm sure the adventure that is awaiting you in your new home will be a blessing. I look forward to checking in and seeing how you're settling and how the adventure is treating you & your family.

I love you, Scott!